With the Martera products we do not only want to make our customers healthier and happier, but we want to make a contribution to a happier society as well. Not only in Belgium, but also in the country of origin of our superfood juices / oil.
Right now, we support three projects: the network palliative care De Mantel in Belgium, the non-profit organization SISP for training of and assistance to children and women in India and foodbank De Stamper in Izegem, Belgium.
The network for palliative care De Mantel vzw is active in the region Roeselare – Izegem – Tielt – Torhout. We are responsible for the development of palliative care culture in this area and thereby provide the necessary support to healthcare professionals within different care settings where palliative patients reside.
- make the development of a good, qualitative palliative care culture possible
- promote continuity in palliative care
- spread the palliative ideas
- provide advice and support to help and care providers at all levels in the care and supervision of their patients
For more information or a personal gift, visit http://www.hartvoordemantel.be.
The small nonprofit organization SISP (Sebastian Indian Social Projects) was founded in 1996 by two Flemings in Vizhinjam, a poor fishing village in the far south of India. SISP aims to improve the quality of life of the poorest in the region. Without distinction of class, sex or religion, with particular attention to the rights and needs of children and women.
SISP managed to build over the years a strong operation with following pillars:
- free second chance education for about 50 children and adolescents (between 7 and 18 years)
- after-school supervision of some 30 children and adolescents
- social employment of some 40 women and young people in the workshops
- support of about 50 women’s groups by social workers of SISP
- individual assistance on food, housing and medical care to the most needy.
For more information or a personal gift, visit http://sispbelgie.be.
The non-profit organisation De Stamper in Izegem provides food for people in a difficult financial situation.
The packages, prepared in advance by volunteers, are filled according to the specific needs and size of the family. Furthermore, toys and children’s clothing are also distributed.
For more information or a personal gift, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.